CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

dimanche, mars 04, 2007




Little Bundles of Joy, right?











I have 4 nieces. My oldest sister has three girls and my other sister has just recently had her first girl. My family was totally expecting to have at least one little boy by now with all the kids that were coming into our family. But no, we have not had a boy and aren't expected to for a long time. My brother and his wife are having they're first child and we were hoping to be a boy but when the ultra-sound came around we weren't at all surprised to find that it will be a girl. this doesn't really bug me that bad but it does seem that this is an awful lot of girls that we have. Why is my family cursed/blessed with so many girls? Besides the obvious fact that it's just how the X and Y chromosomes happened to work out there has to be some reason. I was thinking about this and then remembered that more than 75% of my cousins are male and so I guess it was time that our family start having more girls. And then I also thought about the kind of people that my family are and how we would be with boys hanging around and I realized that it would be even more hectic than it already is. The boys would be raised to be crazy adventurous people. The men in my family are all hyper-masculine so this boys would be raised with the typical I-have-to-be-tough-and-can't-cry type of attitude. While all of this is generally how lots of boys grow-up it would be to and even greater extent at my home. It is now clearly a good thing that my family is very femininely populated.

2 commentaires:

Corinne a dit…

the machoman attitude needs to be overcome dang it, boys need to learn that it is okay to cry. We only think that it is weird because we have been trained to be disgusted by it. Anyways, I'm sorry I am getting overly frazzled.

*~BECKY~BOO~* a dit…

Nice aubree. girls are not curses, but they are more expensive once they "develope". Plus your so cute and so are your sisters and nieces and all the girls in your family i've seen so see. girls in your family are cute! that's why. But i love your picking the thought apart. masculan, rylan doesn't seem all tough and macho.